Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I just read on Book 2 Book this morning that Elif Shafak is to be the Market Focus Author of the Day at the London Book Fair in April 2013. Elif is now published by Penguin in the UK, and has been since The Bastard of Istanbul came out. Marion Boyars Publishers published The Flea Palace and The Gaze, and I worked closely with Elif, taking her to the Hay Festival for the first time, and to many other venues, including the Frontline Club.

So I felt proud when I read this, and with twelve books now published, I know that a large press has the resources to bring her books to a wide audience.

And, as someone who can appreciate writing, I know that Noemi Szecsi, whose book The Finno-Ugrian Vampire we publish in the USA and Canada in May 2103, is Hungary's most talented young author. Noemi will be visiting New York in April 2013 to do some literary events, and if you wish to see someone moving into their prime, like Elif, then keep a watch for her.

No comments: